Ease of Doing Business (EODB) Services Provided by KMDA as notified by WBRTPS Act - 2013, Memo No. 2453-UD/O/M/ESTT./E-19/2014 (Pt-I) Dated - 19th July, 2017
The Executive Committee meetings
Important decisions are taken in executive committee meeting :
The Second K.M.P.C. Executive Committee meeting held on 02.07.2002 laid emphasis on closer interaction with the municipalities and other urban local bodies for preparation of the different sector master plans. The Committee desired that Master Plan should conform to the perspective plan for K.M.A. (2001-2025) and the Master Plans should be followed by Action Plans of 5 year durations and might be split into Annual Action Plans in a phased manner.
In the sixth meeting held on 09.03.2004 the Executive Committee gave particular importance in maintaining vigil over the wetland and all water bodies under K.M.A. to ensure retention of existing character of the water bodies.
The seventh meeting of the K.M.P.C. Executive Committee held on 08.10.2004, deliberated upon the Perspective Plan - VISION - 2025 and 5 years Development plan for Environment, Wetland, Urban Amenities (including Housing) and Heritage and observed that the same should be made ready for placing before KMPC for adoption after approval of Executive Committee, K.M.P.C.
In the eighth meeting of the K.M.P.C. Executive Committee held on 12.07.2005, 5 year Development Plan (2003-2008) for Environment, Wetland, Urban amenities and Heritage sector committee within KMA was approved for placing the same before K.M.P.C. VISION - 2025 was revised.
The 3rd meeting of Kolkata Metropolitan Planning Committee (K.M.P.C.) was held on 10.01.2006. The following decisions were taken :-
- Any projects or schemes in K.M.A. would have to conform to the Master Plan and the Draft Development Plan once approved.
- Some major proposals on urban infrastructure and governance would be taken up under the JNNURM.
- The Draft VISION-2025 were in order and the investment plan indicated therein would act as a guide for taking up projects in future. Development Projects for urban poor needed to be considered by public sector, private sector and through Public Private Partnership (PPP). 19 Nos. of important suggestions were to be incorporated in the VISION-2025 document.
- The Executive Committee was empowered to finalize the VISION- 2025 document and the 5 sectoral Master Plans with the modifications needed as per discussions in the meeting. Also the Executive Committee was empowered to adopt the DDP of all the local bodies after being finalized by the KUSP sub- committee.
The Reconstituted Kolkata Metropolitan Planning Committee-2006, the Body for the second term held its 1st meeting on 22.02.2007 and as per its decision, the following committees have been constituted with the approval of Chairman, Kolkata Metropolitan Planning Committee and also the Hon'ble Chief Minister, West Bengal.
The Secretary, K.M.P.C. is the ex-officio member of Executive Committee and all sectoral committees.
The terms of reference of the Committees are as follows:-
- The Executive Committee will:-
- Co-ordinate on behalf of K.M.P.C. the development activities within K.M.P.A.;
- Review and monitor the work of all the five sectoral committees;
- Consider and finalise the sectoral plans and submit to K.M.P.C. for approval;
- Convene meetings of K.M.P.C. and provide necessary support to K.M.P.C. for decision making.
- The sectoral committees will:-
Prepare sectoral development plan/Master Plan for the respective sector, after taking into account the plans prepared for Metropolitan Area; the matters of common interest between the different units of local self-Government and also the overall objectives and priorities of the Government.
- The Executive Committee and the five sectoral committees may formulate, procedures and methodology for performance for their duties and responsibilities.
- The Sectoral Committee, if necessary, can invite experts in respective fields for the purpose of preparing sectoral plans.
- The Convener of the Executive Committee and each of the five sectoral committees will co-ordinate the work of the respective committee.
- The Sectoral Committees shall ensure that the plans are prepared within the scheduled time frame.
- The Sectoral Committees will report the progress of their work to the Executive Committee from time to time.
- In consideration of sectoral interdependence the Sectoral Committees will interact with each other and also take into consideration the plans, programmes and likely investments of other Departments/agencies in both public and private sectors in their respective subjects