News Updates


Kmda Housing
Extension of brochure selling and application submission date of MADDHYANHA Housing Project Extension of brochure selling and application submission date of KALYANI Housing Project (Ph-III)

Ease of Doing Business (EODB) Services Provided by KMDA as notified by WBRTPS Act - 2013, Memo No. 2453-UD/O/M/ESTT./E-19/2014 (Pt-I) Dated - 19th July, 2017


Under Sub-Mission for Urban Infrastructure & Governance of JNNURM, till date about 227 DPRs have been received and 79 have been approved after examination. Projects valued at approximately Rs.4,430 crore are under various stages of implementation.

Content and quality of DPRs received vary considerably, and the cases of inadequately or hastily prepared submissions have resulted in avoidable rework, delay, and waste. To address this situation. the Mission Directorate has put together a DPR Preparation Toolkit. This document provides reference guidelines for preparing a good quality project report.

Since specific details required in any DPR would vary by sector and specific project conditions, it is re-emphasized that the Toolkit may be regarded as a reference document that advocates minimum information requirements. Project planning team / ULB / parastatal / need to ensure that all additional information deemed important to make the project report complete in all financial and technical aspects are included in the DPRs forwarded. This will facilitate early appraisat, approval, and movement towards project implementation.

SLNAs are requested to ensure that all DPRs submitted after 1 November 2006 are in compliance with the DPR Preparation Toolkit. They may also ensure that the toolkit is widely circulated and publicized among the ULBs, parastatal organizations, and consultants engaged for project preparation under JNNURM.

The DPR Preparation Toolkit has been made based on our collective experience. The document would be further upgraded, if required, to meet the requirements of planning and developing sustainable infrastructure service delivery across critical sectors.

We look forward to supporting your efforts for radically improving urban development scenario keeping a long term perspective of requirements and careful planning of projects. In this regard, we also reiterate, that training/capacity building in the area or project preparation and project implementation / monitoring (among other areas) are being encouraged by the Mission Directorate. Specific capacity building proposals aiming at institution-wide upgradation to plan and manage JNNURM projects would receive due consideration by the Directorate for expense re-imbursement.

Six JNNURM projects in Kolkata

The Centre has cleared six proposals of Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority under JNNURM. These include five water supply project and one road project.KMDA will be the nodal agency for implementing these projects.

Of the five water supply projects, four involve the construction of water treatment plants at Uluberia (10 million gallons per day), Bansberia (15 million gallons per day) and Dhapa (30 million gallons per day). Integration of water distribution systems along with construction of underground reservoir will be undertaken at Maheshtala. Besides, underground reservoir with booster pumps will be installed at Akra. Tenders for implementing these projects will be floated shortly, a KMDA offcial said.

The Centre, under JNNURM, will fund 35 percent of the project cost out of which it has already given 25 per cent to get the projects under way. "since it is a water supply projectm, the state government has given it priority status and has decided to fund that remaining 65 per cent of the total cost of the project", the official noted.

In a bid to decongest traffic on Ultadanga crossing, a four-lane flyover Eastern Metropolitan Bypass to VIP road will be developed. The cost of this project is Rs 38 crore. The Centre will be funding 35 percent of the total cost of the project while the state government 15 percent and the balance 50 percent by KMDA. Tender for this project have been already floated.