Swasthya Sathi Card was launched by the Government of West Bengal in the year 2016. Since then, this card has given health coverage to almost 2.4 crore families in the state. There are 2400 empanelled hospitals where people could get health care services done. As of 31.05.2023, there are 52 lakh patients who get hospitalization facilities with the help of this card. (Swasthya Sathi Card) Nonetheless, people in West Bengal are indeed getting great help by using Swasthya Sathi. Those who are already a cardholder are using this facility with ease. Here is each and every piece of information on this card that everyone must know.
- 1 Overview: Swasthya Sathi Card 2023 -(স্বাস্থ্য সাথী কার্ড )Swasthya Sathi Card Check
- 2 What are the Features of the Swasthya Sathi Card?
- 3 How to Apply for a Swasthya Sathi Card Online?
- 4 How to Apply for a Swasthya Sathi Card Offline?
- 5 Swasthya Sathi Form Download Online 2023
- 6 Eligibility Criteria for Swasthya Sathi Card
- 7 How to Check Your Swasthya Sathi Card Status? Swasthya Sathi Card Check 2023
- 8 What are the Documents Required for Swasthya Sathi Card Application?
- 9 How to Get Assistance for Swasthya Sathi Card?
Overview: Swasthya Sathi Card 2023 -(স্বাস্থ্য সাথী কার্ড )Swasthya Sathi Card Check
|Overview of the Scheme|
|Name of The Scheme||West Bengal Swasthya Sathi Scheme|
|Scheme Announced on||17th February 2016|
|Launched Date||30th December 2016|
|Launched By||Honourable Chief Minister, West Bengal|
|Number of Families Insured||2.4 Crore Families|
|Purposes||To provide free medical facilities|
|Benefits at a Glance||Basis Medical Coverage provided to each family worth Rs. 5 lakhs/ year.Cashless treatment facilities at 2400 empanelled hospitals within and outside of the state.|
|Mode of Application||Online and Offline|
|Number of People Beneficiated as of 31.05.2023||31 lakhs people approx|
What are the Features of the Swasthya Sathi Card?
Swasthya Sathi scheme is one of the best facilities provided by the Government of West Bengal to its residents. The scheme ensures the user of this scheme card gets certain medical assistance for free. It is kind of a blessing for the people of the state living in poverty. Let’s see what are the special features associated with Swasthya Sathi Card.
- Each and every family who has this card will get health coverage up to 5 lakh rupees on a yearly basis.
- The card will provide health coverage for getting secondary and tertiary care facilities.
- The card functions just like any other paperless health insurance card.
- You will get a cashless facility during your treatment.
- No matter if you are already suffering from any disease before having the card, you can still get health coverage to treat that disease.
- A card will provide coverage to your entire family. And It doesn’t matter if you have too many or too less family members, there will be coverage. In fact, the parents of both the spouses are covered.
- The cardholder doesn’t need to pay any charges to avail of the health insurance facility. The State Government will bear all the costs.
স্বাস্থ্যসাথী কার্ড ২০২৩ – স্বাস্থ্যসাথী কার্ড চেক
পশ্চিমবঙ্গ সরকার বিনামূল্যে স্বাস্থ্য ও পরিবার কল্যান দপ্তর কর্তৃক সম্পষ্ট পশ্চিমবঙ্গ বাসীদের চিকিৎসার জন্য এই “স্বাস্থ্যসাথী কার্ড “ প্রকল্প চালু করেছেন । এই প্রকল্পের মাধ্যমে যাদের এই স্বাস্থ্যসাথী কার্ড থাকবে সেই পরিবার প্রতিবছর ৫ লক্ষ টাকার চিকিৎসার জন্য সাহার্য্য পাবেন । এছাড়াও এই কার্ড এর মাধ্যমে সরকারের বিভিন্ন প্রকল্পের সুবিধার ক্ষেত্রে অগ্রাধিকার পাবেন । স্বাস্থ্যসাথী কার্ড সম্পর্কে সমস্ত তথ্য এই লেখাটির মধ্যে আজকে আমরা তুলে ধরলা ।
অনলাইন মাধ্যমে “স্বাস্থ্যসাথী কার্ড চেক” করতে পারবেন এই নিয়ে বিস্তারিত তথ্য নিচে দেওয়া রয়েছে ।
How to Apply for a Swasthya Sathi Card Online?
The Government of West Bengal has made the application procedure for Swasthya Sathi really simple. The online portal is completely user-friendly and anyone can fill up their Swasthya Sathi Card application online in 2023 with the help of the online platform. Let’s check out the steps –
- You need to open the following official website of Swasthya Sathi first – https://accounts.swasthyasathi.gov.in/SSPublicDataEntry.aspx.
- Once you are directed to the web page, there you will get a dialogue box asking for your Mobile Number.
- Upon entering your mobile number click on the Get OTP button.
- You will get a one-time password that you need to enter in the appropriate box on the above webpage.
- Now, click on the Submit button to proceed further.
- At the next step, you will get the online application form that you need to fill up correctly.
- Enter the following information correctly – District, Block/ Municipality, Category, Residential Address, Pincode, Name of the Applicant, Hof Name (Father/Spouse name), Department (if employed), Office Address (if applicable), Members of family etc. Also, you have to mention if any of the family members receive government and private allowances for medical purposes or have any government-sponsored health insurance or not.
- Now enter the member list including – relation, age, gender, Aadhar number, ration card number, employment status, mobile number etc.
- Click on the Submit button to successfully submit your online application form for Swasthya Sathi Card.
How to Apply for a Swasthya Sathi Card Offline?
Apart from the online procedure, people can also apply for this Swasthya Sathi scheme offline.
- For this, you need to fill up Form B entitled to a new Swasthya Sathi Card registration.
- Now you can either download this form B online or can collect it from any Duare Sarkar Camp.
- You need to fill up Form B with the relevant details of your family members as asked in the form.
- Don’t forget to mention your mobile number below the form.
- You need to submit the following documents for the Swasthya Sathi Card – a Xerox copy of your Aadhar card or Ration card or any Government approved Identity proof along with the application, and your coloured photograph if asked.
Swasthya Sathi Form Download Online 2023
Even if you intend to submit your Swasthya Sathi Card application offline, you can collect your form with the help of the online procedure. The steps below should be followed while downloading Form B for offline applications –
- You need to go to the official website of Swasthya Sathi.
- Once you get into the website, you will see a triple dash icon at the left side of the webpage, highlighted with light blue colour.
- When you click on that option, a menu will open where there will be an option marked as “Apply Online”.
- Below that option there is another sub-menu from which you need to select Download: Form B for New Registration Under Swasthya Sathi.
- Once your form is downloaded, take a printout of it.
Eligibility Criteria for Swasthya Sathi Card
Now, there is an important question that might come to our mind i.e. Swasthya Sathi Card Eligibility Criteria. Not everyone can apply for this card facility.
- Applicants should not have any Swasthya Sathi Card before.
- A legal resident of West Bengal is free to apply for this card anytime.
- Any of the applicant’s family members should not avail of the following facilities – West Bengal Health Scheme, Central Government Health Scheme, ESI, or any kind of Government facilitated health insurance or assurance scheme.
- Applicants who are entitled to a government job but are not receiving any health allowance from the government can also apply for Swasthya Sathi Card.
- The card will be entitled only to the female member of the beneficiary family.
How to Check Your Swasthya Sathi Card Status? Swasthya Sathi Card Check 2023
If you want to check your Swasthya Sathi Card status, you need to know that there is no option to check the status offline. But, you can easily do it by following the below-mentioned online procedure –
- Go to the official website of Swasthya Sathi and click on the triple dash icon, located at the left side of the page.
- A menu will open from which you need to click on the Apply Online option.
- Click on the following option – Check Your Online Application Status for Swasthya Sathi Card.
- Another web page will open where you need to choose your district from the drop-down list.
- Now, select the criteria through which you want to search your application. There are three criteria – Family ID, UIN, Aadhar No. Select the appropriate option and enter the relevant number associated with it. For example, if you select the option – Aadhar number, then you have to put your Aadhar number in the relevant box.
- Click on the Submit button to check your card status.
- Those who have applied online for Swasthya Sathi Card Registration, can only avail the above-mentioned online procedure.
What are the Documents Required for Swasthya Sathi Card Application?
For the Swasthya Sathi Card application online or offline, you need the following documents along with your application form –
- Photocopy of Aadhar Card.
- Photocopy of Ration Card or Khadya Sathi Card.
- Voter Id or any other Government authorized identity proof. (In case you don’t have the above-mentioned documents)
- One copy of the Photograph (for offline application).
Apart from that you must ensure that the information entered by you in the application form is correct and your mobile number is valid and permanent.
How to Get Assistance for Swasthya Sathi Card?
To help the citizens of West Bengal with the relevant information on the Swasthya Sathi scheme and Card, the government has established an online platform as well as a 24*7 Swasthya Sathi helpline or call centre.
- For assistance, you can check the official Swasthya Sathi website.
- You can also dial the following toll-free helpline number to speak to the office staff or members – 18003455384.
- You can also contact the following WhatsApp numbers for assistance over WhatsApp – 9073313211, 9513108383, 8334902900, 9830164286.
- You can also contact the nearest Duare Sarkar Camp, SDO Office, nearest Municipal Office etc.
- There is Swasthya Sathi Mobile App where you can get relevant information about the scheme.
|Authorized Contact Details|
|Toll-Free Helpline Number||18003455384|
|WhatsApp Number||9073313211, 9513108383, 8334902900, 9830164286|
|Online Contact Option||https://swasthyasathi.gov.in/|
|Offline Contact Option||Duare Sarkar CampSDO OfficeNearest Municipal Corporation Office|