TAFCOP: An Aadhaar card is an important document used to verify almost everything. But what if someone misuses you and puts your identity at risk? Well, keeping in mind the safety and security of every citizen, the Government of India has launched the TAFCOP consumer portal. It is also termed as Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection (TAF-COP) Portal. It is a user-friendly portal that verifies any additional mobile numbers linked with a consumer’s name.
However, as criminals can pose a risk to your identity, it is important to be cautious while sharing your Aadhaar details. If neglected, criminals can issue multiple SIM cards under your name. Therefore, the best option is to register under the TAF COP consumer portal. So here is everything you need to know such as how to check, highlights, objectives, etc.
|TAFCOP Portal 2023 Details|
|Portal name||TAFCOP Portal|
|Full Form||Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management & Consumer Protection|
|Launched by||State Government of India|
|Conducted by||Department of Telecommunication (DOT)|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of India, Telecom Subscribers and TAFCOP Registered Connection|
|Objective||Focuses on reducing fraud and offering secure and high-quality telecom services.|
|Benefits of Using the TAFCOP Portal|
|1.||It allows users to check mobile number connections registered in their names.|
|2.||It is one of the safest and most reliable ways to keep track of your mobile connections.|
|3.||You can easily report fraudulent SIM Cards issued in your name|
- 1 What Services are Offered under TAFCOP?
- 2 How to Login to the TAFCOP Portal Online 2023?
- 3 How to Check a Registered Online Connection on TAFCOP Portal?
- 4 What Documents are Required for TAFCOP Portal?
- 5 How to Check Active SIM Status Online at TAFCOP Portal?
- 6 Under which State Does the TAFCOP Portal Run?
- 7 How to Report a Fraudulent SIM Card?
- 8 How To Disconnect a Number which is No Longer in Use?
What Services are Offered under TAFCOP?
Once you’re done with the TAF COP portal login, here are the services you can enjoy:
- Users will be informed by SMS services if the Telecom Subscriber will have more than 9 multiple connections registered under his/her name.
- Users can enjoy status checks and other services through login.
- Users can check the connection registered under their name.
How to Login to the TAFCOP Portal Online 2023?
Wondering how to login into the TAFCOP Portal 2023? Here are the steps that you’ll need to follow:
- Visit the official website of the TAFCOP Portal at tafcop.dgtelecom.gov in
- Next, go to the login page and click on the given Login option.
- Now enter your correct user id and password in the given section.
- Enter the captcha code as shown on the screen.
- Finally, click on the login button.
How to Check a Registered Online Connection on TAFCOP Portal?
To check a registered online connection on the TAP COP portal, here are the steps you’ll need to follow:
- First, visit the official website of the TAFCOP Portal at https://tafcop.sancharsaathi.gov.in/telecomUser/
- Then enter your mobile number and enter the captcha code. Remember to provide only a genuine mobile number as you’ll be receiving the OTP.
- Once you click on “Validate Captcha ” you will receive an OTP on your number.
- Then enter the OTP and click on Login.
- Here your screen will display the registered online numbers connected to your Aadhaar card.
- Users can request status as well as get a Ticket ID reference number to check the status.
- You can now select the unnecessary numbers and submit reports immediately.
- Also, keep screenshots or any unusual activities found for further use.
What Documents are Required for TAFCOP Portal?
For the TAF COP portal, here are the documents that you’ll need:
- Applicant’s Mobile Number
How to Check Active SIM Status Online at TAFCOP Portal?
To check your active SIM status at the TAFCOP portal, here are the steps that you’ll need to follow:
- Go to the official website of the TAFCOP Portal
- Now click on the Registered User Login option.
- Next log in using your number and password OR simply click on the request OTP option. Here you’ll receive the OTP on your registered mobile number through SMS. Enter the correct OTP in the given section and click on validate option.
- The next step is to scroll to the Request Status section and enter your Ticket ID Ref no.
- Once done, simply submit.
- Finally, your status will be displayed on your computer/mobile screen.
Under which State Does the TAFCOP Portal Run?
The TAFCOP portal is provided only in some selected states such as
- Andhra Pradesh
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Stay updated with the TAFCOP portal, as soon as more states are covered will be announced there.
How to Report a Fraudulent SIM Card?
To report a fraudulent SIM Card on TAF COP, here are the steps you’ll need to follow:
- Visit the TAFCOP official portal.
- Go to the Fraudulent SIM Card tab.
- Next enter the details of the Fraudulent SIM Card such as IMEI number, mobile number, etc.
- Once done, click on the submit button and let the portal investigate and take necessary actions.
Remember, not to share any personal details such as mobile number, or TAFCOP login details with anyone.
How To Disconnect a Number which is No Longer in Use?
To disconnect a mobile number on TAFCOP which is no longer in use and still showing connection at your name, then here are the steps that you’ll need to follow:
- Go to the SIM service provider as there is no helpline number for this function.
- However, if you face any problem in the process or on the website, then you can send mail to Sanchar Saathi Helpdesk at @email@example.com.
To get more updates visit our website kmdaonline.org